HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Wallpaper For The Guest Room Closet


I know it will probably seem strange (and probably a little crazy) to a lot of people to bother wallpapering the inside of a closet, but I have to say I love having the little surprise element of opening a closet and seeing a fun and unexpected print inside, especially in a guest room. We had this paper that I absolutely love from Wallpaper Direct hung in here last week and then added a few baskets and metal storage boxes from HomeGoods along with some other storage items we already had and got it all cleaned up for our guests. We have tried to keep this closet relatively empty so that our guests can hang things and use it when they are visiting, but we also needed it to store a handful of our things. Here is what it looked like before. It had the original coat of peachy colored primer on the walls that I am pretty sure was from when this house was built many years ago, and some random things scattered around in here. 


There are about 17" on either side of the closet that you can't see so we stored some of the more colorful things over to the right, (like most of our winters coats, vests, etc.) and then hung a few of the nicer coats near the front.

We also keep things like the girls' suitcases over in that corner and our pack and play is hidden down under the coats. Those items are all still easy to grab but a little tucked out of the way seeing how they aren't things we use on a daily basis. 

Over in the other corner we keep things like my suitcase as well as some random binders and frames and then we have some extra hangers ready for guests to use. The baskets help store things (like fans and other items that are nice to have on hand for visitors) and still keep things visually appealing.  









Source List for Guest Room: 

Wall Color - Graystone by Benjamin Moore in Matte Finish
Trim Color - Simply White by Benjamin Moore in Semi-Gloss
Door Color - Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore in Semi-Gloss 
Bed - Skyline Furniture about six or seven years ago

Horse Picture - HomeGoods

Mirrored Dresser - Haynes Furniture about six years ago
Silver Chest - TJMaxx about six years ago
Duvet Cover and Euro Shams - Jardin Toile from Ballard Designs
Quilt and Standard Shams - Audree Pom Pom from Ballard Designs

White Linen Center Bed Pillow - IKEA
White Framed Mirror - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Frame with Print - Frame is from World Market, Print is from Dear Lillie
Bench - We made it, tutorial can be found here 
Tall Mirror - HomeGoods 
Mercury Glass Jug - HomeGoods
Metal Sphere - HomeGoods
Chair - on clearance at The Loft Outlet in Williamsburg 
Pillow - Target
Gray Throw - HomeGoods
Drapery Panels - Ritva Panels from IKEA
Curtain Rods - Home Depot
Chandelier - Restoration Hardware Baby and Child
Rug - Rugs USA - Edison in Nickel
Shades - Lowe's
Tray on Bed, Notebook and Tulips - HomeGoods

CLOSET:
Wallpaper: Wallpaper Direct
All Gray Baskets - HomeGoods
White Storage Boxes - IKEA
Metal Boxes - HomeGoods
Metal Bucket - Antique Farmhouse


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!






10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful site to see when you open a closet door. They say there's always surprises behind a closed door and you've certainly proved that. I always come away from your page excited and inspired to push myself to do more. As soon as I finish the rental I'm working on with a friend, this is going on my list of things to do. Thanks always for the inspiration.
    fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful space! I love the idea of a closet with some personality. You did a fantastic job- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything in your home... every room, every detail is just gorgeous... I'm always inspired whenever I visit. Love every color chosen in your home. Pretty pretty!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree I can't think of a better place for wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not store large suitcases in heavy duty plastic bags in attic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No not strange at all!! I love this idea. A great way to add some interest. I still love wallpaper just not for a whole room and this would be easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, this is my ABSOLUTE favorite room of yours. I absolutely love your style and design in your whole house that you have inspired me to do many projects throughout my own home. I became so obsessed for the rug in this room (I believe it was in your family room) I had to have it! I wish I had waited and gotten the larger size but it was out of stock. I didn't think this room could look any better I always look forward to seeing your posts in my mailbox. I am truly a huge fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I am swooning! You have amazing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg Jenni every inch of your house is FABULOUS even your closets!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...