HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Friday, April 17, 2015

French Bistro Chairs in our Kitchen



When we posted some pictures earlier this week of the flowers on the table we got quite a few questions about our new chairs. I am so excited about them. I have eyed this style chair for a while now but the ones I had seen were always kind of lightweight and the backs were often pretty low and I knew neither of those elements would be ideal for us seeing how we regularly have people over and a lot of our guests are quite tall. A month or so ago we were contacted by Arhaus about working together with them on a few posts. I was thrilled. They are one of my favorite stores. I love walking around and admiring all of their gorgeous furniture, lighting and accessories. I love the somewhat dark, masculine feel that the stores have yet the pieces often still have a very elegant feel to them. I was thrilled when I  spotted these chairs. They had the look I was going for but the backs were higher and they have added weight to the bottom to they feel like they have substance and don't feel too lightweight. I especially love the vintage look and finish of the gray color. They are designed after a 1930's French Bistro chair which was fun because the girls are pretty fascinated with all things Paris lately.























Honestly, the only problem with the chairs is that I like them so much I want to use them on the porch too. Haha! I tried them out their one evening but then missed them too much inside so I ended up moving them back in, although I did love them out on the porch too! I should have more images of this space next week.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!






The chairs were provided by Arhaus. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

Source List:


Fireplace and Kitchen Cabinet Color - Winter's Gate in Semi-Gloss by Benjamin Moore
Wall Color- Horizon in Eggshell by Benjamin Moore
Trim Color - Simply White in Semi-Gloss by Benjamin Moore
Door Color - Mopboard Black in Semi-Gloss by Benjamin Moore
Sectional - Karlstad from IKEA
Pillows on Sofa - HomeGoods
Slipcovered Wingback Chairs by Fireplace - Savvy Home and Garden
Striped Pillows - made by my mom
Blanket on Chair - HomeGoods
Pom Pom Blanket on Sofa - Soft Surroundings
Lamp - Joss and Main
Script Chairs - TJMaxx
Painted French Cabinet - makeover here
TV Console - Antique shop in Camden, SC about 8 years ago
Frames above chairs - tutorial here 
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's 
Sconces - RH Baby and Child
Painting above Fireplace - HomeGoods
Blue Bottles on Fireplace - TJMaxx
Aqua Colored Pitcher - Joss and Main
Antlers - World Market 
Coffee Table - Pottery Barn about 8 years ago has since been stripped and restained and painted with French Linen - Annie Sloan
Basket on Top of Coffee Table - Savvy Home and Garden
Rocking Horse - gift from my mom (from RH Baby and Child)
Painted French Cabinet - makeover here
Flush Mount - Lowe's
All appliances are Whirlpool and were purchased at Lowe's during their Memorial Day Sale
Hood - Custom Built
Farmhouse Sink - Signature Hardware
Faucet - Wayfair
Backsplash - purchased from McKenzie Restoration (but just basic white subway tile that can be purchased pretty much anywhere) 
Counters - Honed Carrara Marble
Hardware - Home Depot (think they were by Martha Stewart) 
Bar Height Stools - World Market
Mug Holder - World Market
Menu Chalkboard - Dear Lillie 
Pendants - Birch Lane
Circular Mirror - gift from my sister, Dana (from Antique Farmhouse)
Metal Baskets - Joss and Main
Canisters - wedding gift - Williams-Sonoma
Blue Demijohn Bottle on Table - Decor Steals, branches are picked from outside
Table - Pier 1 years ago and has since been painted in French Linen from Lady Butterbug
French Bistro Dining Chairs -Arhaus
Slipcovered Dining Chairs - IKEA
Oversized Chalkboard - made by me, you can read more about it here
X Sideboard - made by me, you can read more about it here
Cereal Containers - World Market
Glass Jars - Some from HomeGoods and some from World Market
Wire Baskets - HomeGoods
Bottle Caddy - HomeGoods
Bottles - Mineral Water from Fresh Market 
Oversized Mason Jar - World Market
Crackle Bucket/Planter - Birch Lane
Painted French Cabinet - makeover here
Striped Roman Shade in Window above Sink - made by me, you can read more about it here.

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for always providing such wonderful inspiration. Your house is gorgeous and those chairs look great!!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new chairs and Arhaus as well! We have a lot of furniture from them, including our two dining room tables which I love. Searching for side chairs so I'll have to go and take a look at these. We'll be back in Williamsburg soon. Catherine is graduating! Seems like yesterday was her first week at W&M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these chairs! I have been wanting to buy black ones like this for about a year but have not pulled the trigger yet. Love the colour that yours are though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful -- love the contrast between the "hard" and "soft" elements in these rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an incredibly beautiful space and those chairs are perfect for it! I'm a huge Arhaus fan and was so disappointed that there wasn't one nearby when we moved to CT but they just added a new store not so far away - woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kitchen is so very beautiful.Love the chairs! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great in your space. I have too always loved that style of chair but have found the backs to be too low. I will have to look into these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silly question, but how tall are your ceilings? Mine are 8 foot. We are opening up the living/dining/kitchen area & I love the look of the wood beams. Just wondered if they would work or if they would make the space seem smaller. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chairs look great, but I'm wondering about comfort?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was one of our concerns too, but we have found them to be quite comfortable for a dining chair! They're not exactly a chair you'd want to sit in to snuggle up and watch a movie in, but very comfortable for a lengthy meal.

      Delete
  10. The chairs are a great addition!! As always, your home is stunning! I have a question about the wingback chairs. Were they sold as dinning captain chairs or are they a living room chair? (hope that makes sense) I have been wanting to use wingback captain chairs as my living room chairs but wasn't sure if that's even allowed :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The chairs were originally listed as captains chairs, but can work well in other places!

      Delete
  11. your rooms are so soothing and restful to look at. thank you for being so generous with your sources and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I was wondering about your Menu Chalkboard...is that a frame that was purchased or a DIY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! That is something we used to make for our shop, but haven't sold for a little while.

      Delete
  13. Does the painted kitchen table hold up to spills and clean easily? I have been wanting to paint our Pier 1 table as well but was curious how it will hold up with 2 little kiddos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has held up really well for us! The best part is if it somehow gets marked up with marker or something you can just quickly roll another coat of paint on top and it looks brand new! Also it holds up best when you wax it (Annie Sloan's clear wax works well) after painting it.

      Delete
  14. This is absolutely stunning!!!! I was wondering the dimensions of your kitchen, dining and living area?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the slip covered chairs with the Arhaus metal bistro chairs. The aqua centerpiece with flower is absolutely stunning and is the perfect piece for that table as it is not too big so you cannot see through it to the living space. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your style! What are the flowers/stems on your kitchen table? I think they are real (I know you find beautiful things in your yard) but am wondering if I can find faux stems like that for my foyer table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think some kind of apple blossom, but I can't remember--sorry!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...