HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Tablescape with our New Downloads


 

First, let me apologize for this VERY picture heavy post. I probably should have split this into two posts.  However, I am excited to show you our dining room set up for Thanksgiving. I mentioned a while back that although autumn was my favorite season, I wasn't a fan of decorating for it most of the time. I have to admit though, I had quite a bit of fun doing this and might retract that statement. As usual, I tried to use mostly natural elements. I used wheat stalks that I bought and tied together about six years ago as the centerpiece on the table and then mixed in some pumpkins and gourds. I poked the turkey feathers that I use every fall and Christmas in and around the pumpkins for some added texture and layers. Then I scooped out the inside of one of the pumpkins and placed a mason jar inside it and then just added fresh greenery, berries and feathers. I painted the pumpkin with some Valley Forge Tan that I had in the garage. I used my Emma place settings as well as silver chargers which were wedding gifts six years ago and are from Pottery Barn. The brown toile napkins are also from Pottery Barn that I got right after we got married. I basically just used all items I already had and then added in the pumpkins, gourds and greenery.


 

I placed one of our Pilgrim Boy pillow covers in each of the chairs at the end of the table.


Over here I used berries, feathers, pears, acorns and squash.


At each setting I placed a menu and place card. This one is from our Dark Chocolate and Caramel Pilgrim Set. After I had printed and cut my menus and food labels I used double stick tape to adhere them to chocolate colored cardstock and then layered them on top for an added touch.
(My printer was low on ink so ignore all of the faint little lines running through the pilgrims faces and on some of the leaves.)


We also have a Maple Leaf Set:
 


Here are the food labels:

 




Each download set comes with a template for making these Maple Leaf cutouts. I made these last year and used them again this year. They are a fun idea, especially for kids. Each person writes something they are thankful for and adds them to the tree. If you don't want to have to cut them out yourself we also are offering them as decorative cutouts in our shop in sets of six which will be available next week. We are just waiting on a new blade and then will be offering them as well as some boy and girl pilgrim cutouts.


Here's the full dessert buffet:









I hope you all are having a lovely week! I've got two sick little munchkins now so it's been a long one here even though it's only Tuesday. =)


37 comments:

  1. Looks so festive. Love the berries and feathers, and your pumpkin vase. All so nice! Just a very well put together room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely beautiful! Love everything about the decor! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'd be honored to be invited on your table. Nothing less from that wonderful tablescape, love the ideas I'm getting in here. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Luv all the natural touches.
    Sorry about the sick little ones :-/ Nothing makes me as sad as sick babes.
    Hang in... ((HUGS))
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your girls are feeling better soon..
    Your table is stunning and I love the placecards and desert cards..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Inspiring! Thank you for sharing all the details. Hopefully you all were able to take a break and enjoy all the scrumptious desserts.
    Wishing your sweet little ones a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, everything looks absolutely stunning. Love the entire collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love everything! all your ideas are always so inspiring! just a quick question where did you get the rug in your kitchen? hope your girls are feeling better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning! I love the pilgrim set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really really beautiful and elegant. I love the "thankful" tree. Such a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, absolutely lovely! I want to come to your house for Thanksgiving! We do a Thankful tree too, all month long in November we add to it. I keep all the leaves we have made and put them up every year. The "tree" needs some more branches, we have filled it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought the brown and caramel pilgrim set. May I ask what fonts you used to add the menu items and names?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your purchase, Rachel. I used Chopin Script for those ones.

      Delete
  13. Love all the pictures and everything is beautiful!! The little details you add are amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Hope your two girls start to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I realize everyone has a different creative niche, but your ability to style rooms blows me away!

    Also, if that apple pie is homemade, how in the world did you get it out of the pan? It looks so cool like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loretta! Although I have made an apple pie before: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/apple-pie-on-porch.html this one is from Fresh Market and it took a little finagling but I just kind of wiggled it and eventually got it out of the tin plate thing it was in.

      Delete
  15. I hope the girls are better soon. Poor babies and you!

    The table and room are stunning! What a perfect place to celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends! lin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Jenni. . . I think maybe you've outdone yourself this time. It's all so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing it with us. Now I'm off to check out those downloads!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks amazing! My mom and I are always blown away by your decorating talents! You always make everything look so professional yet homey at the same time! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks fantastic!! Love your kitchen rug!! Do you mind sharing where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you answer everyone's comments! Can't wait to use my brown and caramel pilgrim setting at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can almost hear the Macy's parade and football game in the background. Looks so yummy! Just this looking at this I can almost smell the stuffing.The table and buffet look fantastic. You have the touch Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This room is so well done, so festive, and so inviting. One could get lost in looking at all of your pretty decorations. Food has to definitely taste better here! I live the color of trees and leaves, so this room is so welcoming. Since I ordered the little boy and girl chocolate pilgrim invitations I am going to order the leave one. Can you make the leave a different color? Maybe a orangish or a deep maroon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! We won't be making the leaves in any other colors this year but I will keep that in mind for next year. Depending on what programs you have on your computer, though, you may be able to switch it!

      Delete
  22. Beautiful! Where are the cream colored dishes from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are the Emma collection from Potter Barn.

      Delete
  23. Where is that cute kitchen rug from? :))
    Gorgeous Decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just purchased the Leaf Set what font did you use for that one? I love it - im catering a rehearsal dinner and im going to use those :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is called Jellyka Delicious Cake.

      Delete
  25. I LOVE the Tiered Basket Stand on your sideboard. Do you mind sharing where it came from? I know it's been a couple of years, but it's worth a try to find one like it. NOW, your dining room is spectacular!!! I love your decorating style!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! I got it at a small shop up in New Hampshire, but they are sell it at Mythology.

      Delete
  26. Thank you so much for the kind reply. I tried Googling Mythology and couldn't find the store, but will keep looking. If you see a link, would you please post it for me? Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...